Australia is a wonderful place to live and work, but it is not always easy to obtain a work visa or permanent residency in Australia. Australia accepts only about 200,000 new residents each year through Australia’s permanent migration program, including skilled foreign workers who apply for an Australian Skilled Independent 189 Visa. To apply for this visa you must be working in a position that is on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). The 189 Visa is for workers who want to immigrate to Australia without being sponsored. A 189 visa allows you to live and work anywhere in Australia. However you can only apply this visa if you are invited to do so by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). To do this, you will need to have had a skills assessment and provide other details about yourself.
To be eligible for the 189 Visa you must
- Be under 50 years of age
- Be skilled in an occupation on the SOL list.
- Undergo a skills assessed by the Australian Assessing Authority for your occupation. (You must also find out if your skilled occupation requires you to join a professional organization or trade body.)
- Be able to speak and read English. (You may be required to take an English test.)
- Be certified as healthy and undergo a medical examination.
- Meet the Australian government’s “good character requirements.”
Pathways Visa can help to simplify this confusing process. Contact us at: +971 4 456 1304
Or email us on: email@example.com