Being one of the strongest economies in the world today, Canada has opened its doors to numerous work opportunities. It has a strong presence in the manufacturing sector, particularly in the automobile and the aircraft production industries.
Canada’s attractive employment markets have made people to look out for ways to take advantage of the abundant job opportunities.
This is where work permits come for their rescue – as it helps find better career opportunities in Canada.
How a Canadian work visa helps?
Once your visa has been approved:
- You and your family can live and work anywhere in Canada
- You and your family can live in Canada for up to 3 years
- Your family can work full time and also study
- During your 3-year stay, you may apply for permanent residence which then leads to citizenship for your family and yourself
Who can apply for a work permit?
In order to apply for the Work Permit Visa you will need to have a job offer from a company in Canada and you must prove your visa eligibility based on the following:
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada once your work permit expires
- Show that you are financially secure to take care of yourself and your family during your stay in Canada as well as to return home
- Obey the Canadian law and have no record of criminal activity
- Be in good health and have a medical exam
- Provide all the documents to prove your eligibility
- With a Canada work permit visa, you can work in the country for a maximum period of four years.
How to apply?
The first thing you got to do is decide whether you want to apply online or on paper. If you choose to apply online – you must have: – See more at:
- Access to a scanner or camera to make electronic copies of your documents to upload
- A valid credit card to pay with
When applying on paper, you will have to:
- Get the documents from your employer including the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and your job offer. You will also have to submit your relevant id proofs, educational certificates and experience proof.
- Submit all the required documents to process your visa file.
- Give the IELTS exam (International English Language Testing System) and score the needed band.
- Pay the application fees.