Canada is now taking applications under the Nova Scotia Immigration Program leading to permanent residency. The new Regional Labour Market Demand stream is aimed at selecting individuals who meet the labour market needs, are destined to join the labour market with a full-time and permanent position.
Applicants are not required to have a permanent, full-time job offer from a Nova Scotia employer at the time of submitting their application; if you are nominated by the Province of Nova Scotia, you may then apply for a permanent resident visa to the Government of Canada, through Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), as a Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee. In some cases, you may be asked to go for an interview. You, your spouse and dependents must meet requirements for medical, security and criminal admissibility to CIC’s satisfaction.
Benefits of the Permanent Residence Visa
If a Permanent Residence visa is granted by CIC it lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- Stay in Canada indefinitely.
- Work and study in Canada.
- Free medical insurance.
- Have free education for children in all public schools.
- Apply for Canadian citizenship (if you are eligible).
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- Travel to and from Canada for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Canada).
Below mentioned are some of the professions in high demand.
- Specialist Physicians
- General Practitioners Dentist
- Pharmacists, Physiotherapists
- Registered Nurses
- Medical Laboratory Technologists
- Respiratory Therapists
- Clinical Perfusionists and Medical Radiation Technologists
- Medical Sonographers
- Managers in Health Care Retail Trade Managers
- Financial Auditors and Accountants
- Civil Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Computer Engineers, Information Systems Analysts and Consultants, Software Engineers and Designers
Take our free online assessment to see if your occupation is listed.