Canada Working Visa – Are you Qualified to Work in Canada?

Live and Work in a Big City
Are you thinking of moving to Canada? Before making your final decision and getting a Canada working visa, you need to know if you will be able to work there in your preferred occupation. Sometimes things do not go as planned especially when you are moving to another country. There will be bumps along the way and you will encounter problems you never expected. While one can never be really prepared for the future, it is best that you prepare all the same.

Canada is a land of opportunity for people all over the globe. They have high earning jobs, one of the best health care systems in the world and a very high quality of education. With a population of only over 35 million, the Canadian government is constantly inviting skilled workers as well as professionals from all over the globe to work there. However, there are requirements that need to be submitted before working in Canada. There are those who hope to work in their preferred occupation but sometimes Canadian credentials are different from their own country.

What you need to know before getting a Canada working visa

As a foreigner, your credentials will be checked by the Regulatory bodies, educational institutions, and agencies that do credential assessment. If these bodies approve your credentials in your preferred occupation, you will be permitted to work in your desired profession. However, if they do not approve, you will have to work in a different profession. But not to worry. You can always study while you are working so you will eventually have your dream job.

In Canada, there are two types of job. There are regulated jobs and then there are non-regulated jobs. You need to know the difference between the two. Regulated jobs need to conform to a standard of practice. These jobs usually involve the health and safety of the public such as engineers, doctors, nurses, and teachers to name some. Non-regulated jobs are those that do not require you to have certificates or licenses such as interpreters, bookkeepers, programmers, and other such jobs.

If you want to have a job that is regulated, you may need to take some courses in order for you to get a license or certificate. Make sure that you do more research on the subject. It would not be great for you if you moved there and then later find out and be frustrated if you cannot work in the field that you want.

If you are not certain about your Canada working visa application, it is strongly advised that you consult with an agency that has a deep knowledge of immigration laws and job requirements of the country. You can learn more about a Canada working visa here.