Join Your Sweetheart in Canada

Love is all around.  Why not join your sweetheart in Canada?  If you are married to, or in a civil partnership with a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you can apply for a Canadian Spousal Visa and apply for a permanent residency yourself. There are a few requirements:

  • Qualifying spouses or partners, including same-sex couples, must have lived together in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for a period of two years to receive permanent residence status in Canada.
  • Your sponsor must be able to financially provide for your needs because you will not be able to seek social assistance from the Canadian government.
  • It is important to know that if another spouse or partner previously sponsored your spouse or partner within the past five years, he or she cannot sponsor you.

Processing times can vary, but the application process can take up to 18 months to complete. So if you want to reunite with the one you love in Canada, it is best to start the process now!