If you are married to an Australian citizen, the Australian spouse visa allows you to be eligible for immigration to Australia. The visa is also applicable for couples who are not married, but have been living together for one year.
You can be sponsored by your spouse for a period of two years, after which you become eligible for permanent residence in the country only if the relationship is genuine and continuing.
Besides this basic requirement, the successful application of your Australian Spouse Visa depends on various other factors. So, let us here check out the essentials of the visa application.
The Visa Requirements
In order to qualify for a spouse visa to Australia, you are required to fulfill the given conditions:
- If you are not married, you and your spouse should prove the commitment of sharing life as husband and wife.
- Your relationship should be genuine and continuing.
- You and your spouse should be living together.
- You both should be 18 or above.
- You will have to pass health and character criteria.
You can apply for spouse visa while being in the country or overseas. You get an Extended Eligibility Temporary Visa after your initial application is approved. This visa allows you to live in the country for two years. During this time frame, you can even choose to work as a full-time or part-time employee.
Application for permanent residence can only be made once you get over the two year period, and prove to be in a steady relationship with your spouse.
However, in some cases, you can qualify for permanent residence even after the relationship has broken up before the end of the 2 year period. You become eligible for PR, if:
- Your spouse dies during the 2 year period.
- You have dependent children under 18 years of age with your spouse.
At Pathway Visas, we take complete care of your visa application process. Our experts guide you through the entire process and list of documents as required. Just give us a on +971 4 456 1304 to know more about Australia Spouse Visa.