Residence and Work Permits for Denmark

For sojourns longer than 3 months, as well as stays in connection with academic studies or employment, including work as an au pair, a Danish residence and/or work permit is required. Special rules apply to citizens from the Nordic Countries, the European Union Member States, as well as Switzerland and Liechtenstein. If you intend to work and/or stay longer than 90 days (in a six months period) in Denmark, Iceland, Greenland or the Faroe Islands, you need a work / residence permit. Applications for Visa or Residence and Work Permits for Denmark can be difficult to obtain. Pathways Visa can help you sort out the details.