To apply for the Australian Skilled Independent Permit 189 you must be working a job that is on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). If your occupation is on the list, you will then need to have the correct amount of points based on your age, training and education, work experience and finally your English language ability.
Benefits of the Australian Skilled Independent 189 Permit
Once your application has been approved:
- You and your family can live and work anywhere in Australia, which means you do not need a state to sponsor you.
- You and your family are able to live and work in Australia permanently.
- You can study in Australia.
- You can receive subsidized health care benefits through Medicare.
- You can sponsor other family members for permanent residency.
- You can apply for Australian citizenship.
What is needed?
We would need to submit your skills assessment to the relevant assessing authority. This stage can be a complex and confusing process, but rest assured we have the knowledge and experience to ensure that this stage goes smoothly and is stress free.
The IELTS exam (International English Language Testing System) is a part of every Skilled Migration application. Every case is different when it comes to what you need to score, and as part of our assessment we will be able to advise you regarding what is needed.
Take our free online assessment to see if you are eligible for a Skilled Nominated (189) category.